Welcome to the Saruyama Blog, intermittent and generally off topic. Occasionally you might see some trees...and weird ones at that.

Friday 28 September 2012

Hot off the press...

Breaking news...from 1922.  I got sent a picture from Japan today, taken from today's newspaper.

Here is a picture discovered by the grandson of the photographer, showing a collected juniper that was presented to the imperial family from the people of Chichibu.  I love the bamboo protection surrounding the tree.


I know it is a treasonable offence but ever time I hear the phrase Imperial Family I think of this or ...

Flew to the US yesterday, in preparation for the International Stone Appreciation Symposium at Hershey PA.  Will be talking rocks, display stands and giving a demonstration of the force...had great fun together putting together a little display. Stone is weak though...may have to get a new one...although this is the stone you are looking for...

No comments:

Post a Comment