Welcome to the Saruyama Blog, intermittent and generally off topic. Occasionally you might see some trees...and weird ones at that.

Monday 29 July 2013

Day two in the

Big american tour. After a long day yesterday at a number of shohin nurseries in Kanagawa and Urushibata's, I fell asleep on top of my bed, fully clothed and contact lenses still in. Great stuff.

Some pictures for your enjoyment

Eleagnus

A powerful semi cascade black pine

A rather artistic shot of a healed over scar on a fat black pine

One of my fetish trees, a komachi rose

A very reasonably priced juniper...

This made me feel a little queasy, but I want one.

A barberry, scar free, as thick as a childs arm at the base and damn...I have never seen one like it.

A chojubai that looks like a tree

And so on to Mr. Urushibata who everyone knows in Europe know. I know him too. Have done for a while. The new garden is looking great.

The boys on the prowl.

A humongous miyajima white pine. Never seen anything like it. I asked if the branches would return if the rebar was removed, which prompted a heated discussion between father and son as to how much it had been bent...after the winter, apparently they will stay in place.

Taiga telling me that I am a Japanese Monkey...

A great yamadori large shohin juniper. Mamma Mia! Love the tree..

P.I.M.P

After Urushibata's we drove on to Okazaki a couple of hours down the road, ready for a trip to Daijyuen and other nurseries. More to come, rest first.

 

1 comment: