Welcome to the Saruyama Blog, intermittent and generally off topic. Occasionally you might see some trees...and weird ones at that.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Something not quite right...

Since returning home on a flight where I fell into a narcoleptic coma, woke up and had some incredible ideas, I have been working on this tree...but there is something not quite right about it and I can't put my finger on what is wrong. I was going for a classical look but with a modern, dynamic Chinese influenced feel, very much a result of my recent trip to Japan...still, I think I need to work on it a little more. My aesthetic is a little mixed up I think. Took me ages to wire as well...

Happy Holidays. Good will and peace to all...

 

6 comments:

  1. the upper branches need thinning........and too much wire used - copper doesnt grow on trees you know.................

    haha, have a good one, hope you both have a relaxing few days. Best wishes Mandy & Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a fairy, to disguise the lack of taper at the top, now who in bonsai could we use? .
    Have a good hols
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. need a fairy Andy ???? surely one fairy in that household is plenty !! and Marcus, not enough copper wire used , copper wire currently available from ...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its screaming for a modern pot to compliment the tree ;-)

    Happy Christmas to all

    Andy (Stonemonkey)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct positioning on the display table is required! Have a great Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trev,
    For Cliff's sake......The wire is crossing over the nebari at the front, please castigate yourself.....as I'm too trollied to do so.

    I hope you and Lady Saruyama have a cracking Christmas and New Year.

    Roll on Noelanders....how much cash did I need to get out to bribe the judges ? Euro's or Dollars...... ha ha ha bump......fell off my chair laughing

    Ibuprofen rocks

    Trev x

    ReplyDelete