Welcome to the Saruyama Blog, intermittent and generally off topic. Occasionally you might see some trees...and weird ones at that.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Summer is the time

"Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world."

After the right kind of day yesterday, last night we just got drunk. Still, I woke up this morning and taking a walk around the garden I realised again why I love Bonsai. You just can't beat it for seasonal beauty. It makes me drunk with the belief that all is right with the world.

The beauty of Bonsai is not found within the showing off of one's skills or the receiving of awards, it is found in the appreciation of nature, watching the seasons change around you and finding a way of expressing it. What we do with trees is nothing compared to what they should to us.

I am at my most thoughtful (or is it pretentious?) when hungover.

No comments:

Post a Comment